Tuesday, April 13, 2010

From pencil doodles to spoonflower

I spent most of the afternoon working on roughs for Tahneer and Jon's Ketubah (can't share just yet, but it will be worth the wait!). After making great progress on that project, I was dying to get back to my doodled pencil flowers. Previously I scanned and colourized the doodles (see my last post) and created some fresh notes for Aunty Sandy (a big hit!). What to do next? Creating some repeats seemed to be the logical next step. Once I got going, it seemed like an opportunity to create a family of coordinated swatches based on the design of the flowers. Once I finished creating the repeats, off I went to spoonflower to upload and create new fabric designs—and voila! check out my spoonflower fabrics here. Although I have created fabric swatches, I am seeing paper goods as well with these designs. Gift bags and wrapping paper could be fun.



1 comment:

  1. so beautiful Naomi!!! My mom told me about your blog and your work, kol ha'ka'vod!

    ReplyDelete