Saturday, April 10, 2010

from pencil doodles to fresh notes

I spent Wednesday and Thursday invigilating medical exams with my husband. The doctors taking the exams were using these great HB pencils to fill in their multiple choice answer sheets. I haven't really drawn with a pencil for many years. The feel of the pencil in my hand drawing on clean white paper was intoxicating. I started working on some new flower designs that I hoped I could later adapt to a new series of Fresh notes, or repeat patterns for spoonflower fabrics.























When I got home, I scanned my drawing and started colourizing a couple of the flowers. Then I started adding stems and leaves and before long I had a couple of compositions I was quite happy with. I printed these and a couple of other variations and put together a set of Fresh notes to give to my Aunty Sandy for her birthday. Lots of fun! I took a couple of the pencils home with me after the exams were over...I see more pencil drawings in my future.

2 comments:

  1. So fresh. Love the color combo on the first one especially. I see more tablecloths and napkins...and duvet covers and window blinds. And fabric for outdoor furniture....and, why not, shower curtains!

    ReplyDelete