So I backtracked to Moshe’s tweet and blog entry to find out what one does when nominated so that I can keep this moving along. Here are the rules:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award (tweeted immediately!).
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog (here it is!).
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award (Moshe Mikanovsky Art Blog).
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting (see below).
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers (the easy part).
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate (even easier).
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated (working on it)
Here they are...
- I have been collecting folk art by Philip Melvin for 15 years. I have more than 60 pieces. They are everywhere.
- Proudly, Violet (my business partner of 20 years) and I have designed 12 stamps for Canada Post. Our most recent issue, a stamp commemorating Canada's first Gold medal on Canadian soil (Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics) is especially exciting.
- I have of late become obsessed with patterns. I can't stop making them and thinking of things to do with them. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear from you!
- Over the past few months, I have reinvented myself as a ketubah designer and surface designer. My company names are Fresh Ketubah and Fresh Surfaces. I am not exactly sure where this will take me, but the ride so far has been very invigorating.
- I spent 12 very important years living in northern Israel, on Kibbutz Adamit. That experience will forever be with me and continues to influence my life.
- This summer, my mom passed away after a very long illness. I needed something to motivate me and fill the space left behind. My friends and family thought this was an odd choice, but I started running with a group of amazing people called the Richmond Spirit Runners. Considering that I have never been athletic or even interested in something this physical, maybe it was a curious choice—but it has been an amazing experience. I am now up to 14k and who knows, maybe there is a half marathon in my future (don't tell anyone!)
- I truly believe that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I have some new goals and I am going for it!